Who we are:
- RagTag is a charity based on the Isle of Skye - Northwest Scotland.
- We are a social enterprise firm with a small and dedicated team of staff who are mostly part-time.
- We're here to promote mental and social well-being in a friendly and welcoming setting.
- We care about the environment by making up-cycled crafts from donated materials and selling through our charity shop.
- We reduce the volume of waste going into landfill.
What we do
- We encourage the personal and social growth and development of vulnerable people.
- We provide support and training in Broadford and Portree, in small, friendly workshops under the guidance of encouraging and experienced tutors.
- We up-cycle donated textiles and other materials in creative and individual ways.
- We have a weekly drop-in coffee, cake and conversation day, "Crumz", which is open to all, for the enhancement of mental and social well-being.
How we do it:
- Students work in a small, friendly, workshop environment.
- A variety of activities enable students to learn new skills and gain new interests tailored to their individual needs.
- Students and tutors together enjoy coffee and lunch breaks with light-hearted relaxation, chat and friendship.
- Students may develop links in their community through helping in the charity shop, and participating in projects involving the wider community.
- Work experience is offered in craft work and the charity shop.